Tuesday 12 March 2013

Leeds Festival 2013








So last night the third headliner and the rest of the main bands were announced for Leeds and Reading Festival, causing a lot of angry tweets on my twitter feed slating the festival for it's 'weakest line up yet'. I've been to Leeds Festival every year since 2009 and have seen some amazing bands in that time there, but every year i've always always hoped for Green Day to be announced because they're the one band that I haven't seen live that I would absolutely love to. So Green Day being announced last night was amazing, and I definitely want to go just to see them alone.
In terms of the rest of the line up, I also think it's pretty good! I'm so excited to be seeing Biffy Clyro, Fall Out Boy, Brand New, Frank Turner, Jake Bugg, Foals, Bastille, The 1975, Alt-J and quite a few more. So for me, I'm quite excited about the festival this year. I just need to save up some pennies and find a few friends to go with but i've managed every year before so I think i'll be just fine.
I'm not sure The Lumineers deserve their spot on the main stage so soon, but I really like their music so that will be interesting to see their set.
What do you think of the line up? Will you be going to Leeds/Reading this year?

1 comment:

  1. I think the line up is far better than last year!

    ReplyDelete